Psalm: 90:09- We spend our years as a tale that is told

.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's Official! One Less Orphan in The World!

And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me  (Matthew 18:5)

We went to the civil affairs office and the notary to make things official today. The next legal meetings will be in Guangzhou for the Consulate and oath taking. It was hot and humid and the buildings didn't turn on their air conditioning until we got there. After a couple trips through Nanning and some pics along the way (they have mango trees lining a lot of the streets that bear tons of fruit but it just falls to the streets)! Talia loves to drink mango juice!

We made it back to the room before the rains came. It was a good time for a nap! The room was dark from the clouds and Talia was just about to fall asleep. I stroked her head to help her close her eyes, but she felt warm. She was running a 99.9 temp. I gave her some children's ibuprofen and after 3.5 hours (including a 2 hour nap), it went down to normal. Whew! I was hoping it didn't linger.

We played in the room for 3 hours. I'm really starting to see her personality. She is full of energy, loves to talk and is a firecracker! We had a blast going through all the toys, playing music on the laptop and just playing simple games like peek-a-boo, etc.

We got take-out and gave her some good dark green steamed vegetables with rice noodles and meat. Mary Jane gave me a great paragraph in Chinese explaining Talia's condition towards soy. So I gave that to the waiter who made sure everything was okay for her to eat. Talia has a genetic condition called G6PD. Here was the note that our guide in GZ and travel agent with our agency provided!
 

我的孩子有特殊体质,不能吃任何豆类,包括任何含有黄豆,豆腐,酱油,豆油等一切有豆类的食品,以及草莓, 蓝莓,蚕豆等,否则会有生命危险!请一定注意! (不能用含硫药物)

"My child has special needs. She cannot eat any soy. She cannot eat food that has soy bean, toufu, soy sauce, soy oil. She cannot eat strawberry, blue berry or fava beans. Or she will be in life danger! Please be careful! (she cannot take sulphur drug)"


It was a great day getting to know our daughter. She is such a love and so happy! She woke up with a smile and shared her doll with a laugh. It usually takes me two cups of coffee before I can even begin to be social! That's what I love about our daughters -- they give you a reality check here and there and remind you/teach you about the important things in life. Even as simple as laughing as soon as you awake!

We don't stop playing because we grow older,
We grow older because we stop playing.
--- Nana (age 103)



"I shall be called by a new name and embraced by new arms"



This little hand changed my life!

On our way to make it official


Civil Affairs Department of Guangxi

Oh wish one do I want?


One more red thumb print stamp!

She is ours forever!
My type of shop!

She drinks a ton!

Such a happy peanut!

Don't run too far away from daddy!

She loves to color and uses her left and right hands!

Our sleepy princess


2 comments:

  1. Todd's doing great! Love the updates and following your journey.

    Laura W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! What a sweetheart :)

    ReplyDelete