Psalm: 90:09- We spend our years as a tale that is told

.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

JSC Grant!!! More good news!

     Literally about an hour after I wrote Thursdays post I received an e-mail from the JSC Foundation. Here is the e-mail:


Dear Todd and Mary Jane,

Congratulations! You have received a grant in the amount of $5,000 from JSC Foundation for your upcoming adoption! The check has been sent to Madison and should arrive shortly. If there are fees that you have paid so that your balance with your agency is less than $5,000, you can use the excess to use for travel by having your agency reimburse you for travel fees. It has been a pleasure to learn about your heart for adoption. We would love to have a picture of your family after you bring Talia home. God Bless!


     Can you imagine my reaction?  I nearly passed out!  I think it was one of the best days of my life. We could hardly handle all this good news in one day.  Luckily, Todd was not on a business call as I was shrieking with delight!  Harper did not know what was going on and said, "Mommy are you okay"?"  I had tears steaming down my face. I ran upstairs and we all were jumping up and down as a family! We felt like with hit the lottery. We are so thankful to the JSC Foundation and God. He surely is providing for us, financially and opening up people's hearts and minds,  and has made it clear that he does not want Talia to wait a day longer as an orphan then she has to. We can not wait to wrap our arms around our Talia Mei and give her a sweet kiss that is filled with everlasting love.  We knew our friends, family, acquaintances and those walking this journey with us would be joyful as well with our wonderful news.  Now we are about $6000 away from our goal and we have about 2 1/2 months until travel.  So if you have been following my vine and you saw it jump $5000 you know why!  I was ecstatic and shaking when I changed the amount!!!!  We are finally passed the ladybug on that little leaf! 


One of my favorite Third Day song lyrics puts it all in perspective: 

Even though the journey’s long 
And I know the road is hard 
Well, the One who’s gone before me 
He will help me carry on 
After all that I’ve been through 
Now I realize the truth 
That I must go through the valley 
To stand upon the mountain of God 

     I spend countless weekends missing time with Harper and my husband working on these grants and this one paid off huge.  We are honored to be a recipient of the the JSC grant and are so thankful for their dedication in helping bring orphans home to their forever families. Every month they give grants to deserving families.  How cool would that job be?!  I wish I was super wealthy to just hand out grants to families saving children's lives.  God bless their work! Keep it up JSC and if you are an adoptive parent start that application for them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment